Duty free consultation
HMRC has announced a consultation on the future of UK duty free. This is a consultation on the potential approach to duty-and tax-free goods arising from the UK’s new relationship with the EU.
The consultation is focused on five areas:
- Personal allowances for passengers travelling from the EU to UK
- Duty-free sales for passengers travelling from the UK to the EU
- Duty-free sales on-board planes, trains and ships for consumption on-board and take-away
- The VAT Retail Export Scheme (VAT RES)
- Tax-free sales for passengers travelling from the UK to the EU
A list of questions is included in chapter 5 of the consultation, and they welcome comments from all interested stakeholders. 4 Eyes Ltd can submit these comments on your behalf or you can do so directly.
The consultation will close at 23:59 on 20 May 2020.
(Refer to document archive for a copy of the consultation paper).